Aluminium and steel mobile platform for lateral access during maintenance of trains belonging to the FERROCARRILS DE LA GENERALITAT DE CATALUNYA.
- The inner part of the platform has a projecting part to minimise distance for wagon access. A rubber profile has been fitted along its length to avoid damaging the train.
- The platform can be raised 1 metre manually using a rack and pinion system. The access steps automatically adjust with the operation of a double hung system that varies inclination and allows adaptation to height levels.
- Levelling unit and triple wheels to guarantee suitable movement along the rails.
- Landing area for entry to/exit from the steps to improve access.
- Steel support frame, painted in blue to provide greater structural stability.
- Adjustment to height levels due to differences in existing trains. A platform unit has been designed with a height-adjustable, rack and pinion system step system.
- Suitable movement through the workshop. A three-wheel system is included to guarantee movement along the rails, preventing the wheel from jamming.
- To minimise the space between the platform and the train, a projecting part has been included, which is covered in protective rubber.